Newborn photography is so precious. I give special attention to detail that not only shows in my work, but also in how I care for and handle your precious baby. You may have just had a newborn, and you are probably EXHAUSTED, emotional, sore and head-over-hills in love with your new bundle! Maybe you are in the last month of your pregnancy, and you are probably EXHAUSTED, emotional, sore and excited to meet this new life that has been growing inside of you for the last 8 or 9 months! Or MAYBE you just found out that you are expecting! You are probably EXHAUSTED, emotional, nauseous, and possibly a little apprehensive about the upcoming months! Why must all of this equal exhaustion?!
My job is to make one tiny little aspect of you new baby easier. My passion is to document this short time period where your baby is a newborn. That age when they still fit in the crook of your arm and love to sleep on your chest!
All newborn photography packages include; photographers time and talent, high resolution digital images, private online viewing gallery, print release, & 20% off large prints (11×14 or larger) ordered through me. A $100 retainer is due to book all sessions with Precious Memories.
Please think of this as your investment, for the most timeless, and beautiful images, of your new bundle of joy. When choosing your package, you also can choose to have a fully edited and posed session in studio, or a lifestyle session in your home.
SCHEDULING YOUR SESSION : “All sessions require a $100 non-refundable booking retainer to secure your session date and time. Outdoor sessions may be rescheduled due to weather, so keep that in mind when selecting your date. Weekend sessions are an additional fee when booking.How to prepare for your newborn session
PROOF GALERY : Within a week after your session, an online proofing gallery will be provided to you to view all the unedited images that came out from your session and you will have up to one week to select your final images for editing. At this time, you will also have the option to purchase additional images if you wish. Once you select your images, it will take 1 to two weeks for editing to be complete.
FINAL IMAGES : When I have finished editing your selected images, I will send you an email with an online gallery to view and download your images. Images are high resolution jpeg files and can be printed up to 20×30 in size. Your final gallery will include the option to purchase high quality professional prints at a discounted rate. You will also be able to download the images to your computer to save and order at any time. The final gallery will be open for two weeks, then will expire and I will store your edited images for 1 year in case you need to download them again. Unedited images are kept for 3 years and then purged.
PRINTS AND ALBUMS : Contact me for albums for your newborn and cake smash sessions.
NEWBORN SESSION PACKAGES
POSED NEWBORN SESSION
In studio **(Additional fee for travel if in your home)
Up to 3 hours for session
All props, outfits, headbands for newborn provided
Up to 20 beautifully edited high resolution digital images
**Receive $50 off if you purchase maternity and newborn
LIFESTYLE NEWBORN SESSION
In home newborn session with no props or backdrops
Up to 2 hours for session
Minimal posing is done, but I will guide you for most of the session
Session is usually done in nursery and master bedroom, and sometimes in the living/family room
Up to 20 high resolution digital images
**Receive $50 off if you purchase maternity and newborn
PETITE WRAPPED NEWBORN SESSION
Mini newborn session done in studio.
Up to 1 hour session time
Baby is swaddled (wrapped) for most of session and posed in props.
Up to 10 fully edited high resolution images
BABY’S FIRST YEAR
Posed newborn session (see details above)
Milestone session to be done between 6-8 months of baby only
Up to 45 minute session in studio
Outfits and props provided by photographer
10 high resolution digital images with print release
Cake Smash – Themed cake smash with props, outfits available, up to 30 minute session, 20 high res digital images, print release, CAKE IS NOT PROVIDED.
Preparing For Your Newborn Session
- Once we have setup a tentative date for your newborn session (a week or two around your due date). Touch base with me as it gets closer to your due date, so I have an idea of when your baby might actually arrive 🙂 Once you have your baby, contact me to set up the actual session. It is best to photograph your newborn within the first 6 – 15 days of birth so they are still very sleepy, and can be easily posed, baby acne hasn’t appeared yet, and their coloring is getting closer to normal. So be sure to contact me as soon as possible to book your session.
- My newborn sessions usually take 2 hours, but can be anywhere between 2 to 4 hours. Because of this, I typically like to schedule the sessions in the morning. Babies are usually sleepier in the mornings, also. I do not spend the entire time shooting pictures. A lot of time is spent switching props and backdrops, breaks for baby to be fed or diaper changed, and snuggle times for mommy or daddy to soothe baby and get them to fall into a deep sleep. Each pose takes time, because I like to be very hands on with holding them to get them into the pose, and making them feel comfortable once they are laid down in the pose. Also, if baby is fussy or wide awake, this can make the session take longer than normal. Do not worry, just relax and love that precious baby of yours. They will eventually give in and fall asleep. 🙂
- I prefer to do your newborn session in my studio, but we can do it in your home if you would prefer. I will not be able to bring all of my setup, so your options will be limited for the posed session, or we can do a ‘Lifestyle newborn session’. If you choose to have the session in your home, once I arrive, I will look around and pick the best place to set up. It will have to be a larger space that is well lit with natural lighting. If I have to move anything to set up, don’t worry, I will put it all back before I leave. Again, you just relax and snuggle your baby.
- Your session (full session only) includes up to four outfit/props changes, depending on your baby. If you have anything that you would like me to use for your session, please let me know ahead of time so I can plan a backdrop/blanket to go with it. Also, please be sure to have anything you would like used during your session ready and available when I arrive. I will also have several outfits/hats/headbands/props for you to look at and choose from. You can see many of them in my newborn gallery (please let me know if there are any specific ones you would like me to use).
- I will provide everything for your session. This includes, props, blankets, backdrop stand, posing pillow, etc. I like to have options, so you can choose a few of your favorites, and I can add a few of mine 🙂 I will create images for you that fit you and your style and that can be appreciated for a lifetime.
- Once we have a time set, you will want to make sure the baby is nice and sleepy when you arrive. Feed your baby before you leave, so they will have a nice full tummy for their shoot.
- Sometimes, I photograph babies completely naked so that I can capture the sweet details for you to treasure even after they’ve grown. Sometimes, for some outfits and poses, I will leave the diaper on. Your baby will be carefully posed so that no girl or boy parts are seen in your images. Before you leave, please dress your baby in only a diaper and a warm blanket (or a onesie that can be removed without pulling over their head), so we will not distract them so much removing any clothing. Once I am ready, and baby is full and asleep, I will remove their diaper, but keep them wrapped in the blanket so they are ready to start their session.
- A lot of my poses are setup close to the floor and props are sometimes sitting on the floor, so if mom is still sore from delivery, it is a good idea to have someone else with you for the day that can help with spotting and moving your baby.
- For any family shots, and/or siblings shots, I recommend wearing simple, neutral color clothing, preferably solids. These are photographed from the waist up for parents and family, sibling shots may include full frame. Dads can wear a solid t-shirt, henley, or button up shirt (light blue, white, grey, or black), their shorts/pants will not be seen, so they can wear something comfortable. Moms, I know it is hard to even try to figure out what size you will wear after baby. I do have some solid maternity gowns that you can borrow in pink, white, and blue, or feel free to wear any shirt or dress from home. Solid, light in color, and no frill or anything that can distract from baby. These will make for perfect portraits of your newborn with loved ones.