Newborn photography is so precious. I give special attention to detail that not only shows in my work, but also in how I care for and handle your precious baby.
Maternity session: $200. This includes the photographer's time and talent, full editing of 15 beautiful pictures, an online viewing gallery where images can be downloaded, shared, and prints can be ordered, and a print release.
Newborn Session Fee: $400. This includes the photographer's time and talent, full editing of 15-20 beautiful pictures, an online viewing gallery where images can be downloaded, shared, and prints can be ordered, print release, and 20% off large prints (11x14 and larger) ordered through me.
Fresh 48 Session Fee: $275. This session is done in the hospital within the first 48 hours of birth. Session fee includes photographer's time and talent, immediate availability for session time, 20 beautiful pictures, online viewing gallery where images can be downloaded, shared, and prints can be ordered, and a print release. A small accordion album can also be purchased for $50.
Petite Newborn session: $175
This is a mini newborn session done in studio. Session is 1 hour long, mostly wrapped pictures of baby in props and on bean bag. May include one or two posed pictures if baby stays asleep. Session fee includes photographer's time and talent, up to 1 hour shoot time, 10 fully edited images with print release, an online viewing gallery where images can be downloaded, shared, and prints can be ordered, and print release.
Please think of this as your investment, for the most timeless, and beautiful images, of your new bundle of joy.
When choosing your package, you also can choose to have a fully edited and posed newborn session, or a lifestyle newborn session.
A $100 retainer is due to book your session.
Preparing for your session
1. Once we have setup a tentative date for your newborn session (a week or two around your due date). Touch base with me as it gets closer to your due date, so I have an idea of when your baby might actually arrive :) Once you have your baby, contact me to set up the actual session. It is best to photograph your newborn within the first 6 - 15 days of birth so they are still very sleepy, and can be easily posed, baby acne hasn't appeared yet, and their coloring is getting closer to normal. So be sure to contact me as soon as possible to book your session.
2. My newborn sessions usually take 2-3 hours, but can be anywhere between 2 to 4 hours. Because of this, I typically like to schedule the sessions in the morning. Babies are usually sleepier in the mornings, also. I do not spend the entire time shooting pictures. A lot of time is spent switching props and backdrops, breaks for baby to be fed or diaper changed, and snuggle times for mommy or daddy to soothe baby and get them to fall into a deep sleep. Each pose takes time, because I like to be very hands on with holding them to get them into the pose, and making them feel comfortable once they are laid down in the pose. Also, if baby is fussy or wide awake, this can make the session take longer than normal. Do not worry, just relax and love that precious baby of yours. They will eventually give in and fall asleep. :)
3. I prefer to do your newborn session in my studio, but we can do it in your home if you would prefer. I will not be able to bring all of my setup, so your options will be limited for the posed session, or we can do a 'Lifestyle newborn session'. If you choose to have the session in your home, once I arrive, I will look around and pick the best place to set up. It will have to be a larger space that is well lit with natural lighting. If I have to move anything to set up, don't worry, I will put it all back before I leave. Again, you just relax and snuggle your baby.
4. Your session includes up to four outfit/props changes, depending on your baby. If you have anything that you would like me to use for your session, please let me know ahead of time so I can plan a backdrop/blanket to go with it. Also, please be sure to have anything you would like used during your session ready and available when I arrive. I will also have several outfits/hats/headbands/props for you to look at and choose from. You can see many of them in my newborn gallery (please let me know if there are any specific ones you would like me to use).
5. I will provide everything for your session. This includes, props, blankets, backdrop stand, posing pillow, etc. I like to have options, so you can choose a few of your favorites, and I can add a few of mine :) I will create images for you that fit you and your style and that can be appreciated for a lifetime.
6. Once we have a time set, you will want to make sure the baby is nice and sleepy when you arrive. Feed your baby before you leave, so they will have a nice full tummy for their shoot. Also, to help the baby be sleepy during their session, try to keep them awake for a few hours before their session. Sometimes this can't be helped, but at least you can try. :)
7. I photograph babies completely naked so that I can capture the sweet details for you to treasure even after they've grown. Sometimes, for some outfits and poses, I will leave the diaper on. Your baby will be carefully posed so that no girl or boy parts are seen in your images. Before you leave, please dress your baby in only a diaper and a warm blanket, so we will not distract them so much removing any clothing. Once I am ready, and baby is full and asleep, I will remove their diaper, but keep them wrapped in the blanket so they are ready to start their session.
8. A lot of my poses are setup close to the floor and props are sometimes sitting on the floor, so if mom is still sore from delivery, it is a good idea to have someone else with you for the day that can help with spotting and moving your baby.
9. For any family shots, or siblings shots, I recommend wearing simple, neutral color clothing, preferably solids. These will make for perfect portraits of your newborn with loved ones.
After your session
1. During a newborn session, I typically take 100 pictures. Several of the same pose, some of different angles of the same pose, so I have a large selection to go through and pick from. After your session, I will go through all of the photos and pick the best of the best to edit for you. Depending on how your session went, it can be anywhere from 15 - 25 images.
2. After editing a few, I will post a "sneak peek" on my Facebook page for you, usually within 1-3 days. All of your images usually take 2-3 weeks for me to complete.
3. After all of your images are finished, I will upload them on my website in a password protected gallery, for you to view. At this time, we can either schedule a time for me to come back to your house to review them together and start the order processing. Or, you can view your images online and simply email me your order. Which ever works best for you.